Tuesday, May 7, 2013

wacky weather

Daily Quip #7

Coming in a bit under the wire.... My weekend was so hectic - I'm still trying to recover. 

Mother nature decided to be bitchy today.  Right as I was leaving work (6ish), a bad storm moved in.  I work in Goochland County, so I saw some dark clouds, got a bit wet... no biggie - I was heading home anyway.  But, Michael called me - "be careful, we've been getting hail & it's crazy."  Hail?? HAIL??  Really.... Here's the proof!


This is my deck.... covered in hail!  We also had a minor flood on the other side of the deck from the water rushing in over the driveway.  I noticed as I was driving home that the temps dropped significantly.  So glad I didn't get soaked to the bone - we could have experienced a wet t-shirt contest inadvertently!! 

Grateful that I made it home - safe & sound!  I made dinner (chicken parm), did some reading, and sat with the hubby.  All & all, a lazy night.... tomorrow night - gym!!!

Night all!!

2 comments:

  1. cripes! no hail up here, just rain. glad you're safe.

    (waits by the internetz for some chicken parm)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the chicken parm actually turned out okay. i served it over angel hair pasta with green beans & a salad. it was one of those comfort meals that make crappy weather days feel SO much better.

      Delete