Monday, May 13, 2013

I'm the worst blogger in the world.... I missed a day (or two - but who's counting?) because life got in the way.  Here's how:

My daughter turned 13 on Saturday.  I had to run around like a banshee to get the house ready, pick up the cake, order the pizza - which was HUGE!!! (52 slices, 35 inches across or better) After the party, Michael and I went out with Kathy and Ken - our couple counterparts.  We decided to go to Conch Republic to get dinner.... but I didn't get dinner, I got drinks!  Here's my picture:


We ordered two servings of Gator bites for the table - I LOVE THESE THINGS!!  They come with buffalo, barbecue, ranch and bleu cheese dipping sauces.  They're lucky I didn't suck the ink out of the paper when we were done.  Along side, my favorite well drink - vodka & cranberry.... YUM!!  After two of those, I switched up to a Cherry Chiller - Cherry Jack rum, pineapple juice and other delicious libations! 

We left Conch Republic and headed to the Pour House.  Then, the night turned to shots.  Pineapple Upside Down shooters, Buttery Nipples, B-52's, and an Apple Pie shot.  The most entertaining part of the night was watching everyone play the Beer Pong game.  Yes, folks, that's right.... pay $1.00 to play beer pong.  You shoot ping pong balls into red Solo cups that are lit up. If you get the ping pong ball in the cup, the light goes off.  The goal is to get all the lights off before the timer runs out.  Here's a glimpse of this madness:


Now, isn't this the craziest thing ever?  Why pay a $1.00 when you can set up a table and play (almost) for free at home?  Either way, watching people get frustrated with this game was highly entertaining!!  That, and the fact that each time someone decided to swing back to chuck the ping pong ball at the cups, Ken would get goosed!  Maybe that's the part I liked better.... LOL!!

1 comment:

  1. damn girl, you know how to PAR-TAY! I would be passed out BEFORE the shots were started!

    PS - I'm a-countin'...

    ReplyDelete