Monday, April 29, 2013


Daily quip #1

So...... I have a friend that enters a daily blog.  Just random thoughts that he puts out there for others to read.  It's inspired me - just like his vodka/Fresca concoction (don't hate....it's delicious!!) - to put daily thoughts out there.  I really want to start looking more for the humorous side of things.  I think this blog may help me do that.  

Now, without further adieu..... (drum roll please)........ here's my first official blog post!!!  I suppose I could offer all this information about me:  who I am, what I do, my likes and dislikes.  But, in all honesty, if you ready this blog, you'll figure all that out anyway.  So, here's my daily quip:  root canal SUCKS! And I don't mean that little tube thing that the dentist and/or his assistant shoves in your mouth that tries to suck your uvula out.  No, this is a major amount of suckage akin to illness or really banging the shit out of your toe (and I know that you are reliving that pain at just the thought of it).  

I was out with friends yesterday getting some lunch & a few drinks.  After enjoying a final tasty treat of a Cosmo with orange vodka and Grand Marnier (my friend, Kelly, ordered it..... sounded too good not to try!), Kelly and I sat around talking (i.e., sobering up enough to drive home).  I popped a piece of gum in my mouth, and lo and behold, there was something abnormal in my chewing gum.  This abnormality was actually the back half of one of my teeth.  HOLY SHIT!  Never had this happen.  Needless to say, the first thing I did when I got home was grabbed a hand mirror and a flashlight. I needed to see the carnage that was now the remnants of my tooth.

The dentist was able to get me in early this morning.  He thought it was incredible that I wasn't in any pain because the nerve was exposed.  So, 2 1/2 hours later, my root canal was finished, a metal post was implanted, and I went from freakishly having no pain to having my mouth lit up like the 4th of July.  Hence the reason I'm stating that root canal SUCKS!  But, I doubt this was any big revelation for anyone.... yet, it might be words of wisdom for anyone out there that hasn't experienced it yet.  If you have, you know what I'm talking about.  If you haven't, find a dentist with a very gentle touch and no hair on his hands..... because he is going to have both of his hands shoved in your mouth for quite a while.  And it is very difficult not to gag when you have all that going on - you certainly don't need a Grizzly Adams aiding in the gagging effort.  

All this reminds me of an old joke:
A lady goes to the dentist.  At the end of her exam, the dentist tells her that she's going to have to have a root canal.  She squirms, and says, "oh no. I think I'd rather have a baby."  The dentist replies, "well, make up your mind.  I need to adjust the chair."  :)

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! Welcome to the blogosphere!!! I have added you to my blog list and will keep an eye out for your posts. i think you will find it fun and I will highlight you on my blog when I post later this evening. With that said, thanks for the shout out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to mcblogworld!

    dear kelly (and a few of my other boyfriends) suckered me into posting last august. so I will add you to my blog roll!

    ReplyDelete